This instruction is a guide for connecting the MetaTrader 5 platform.
* To use this connection you need to launch the MetaTrader 5 platform on your computer with a linked up trading account and quotations.
First, you should set up MT5 for connecting it to ATAS:
1. Select Service ->Settings in the menu, open the ‘Experts’ tab and check ‘Allow automatic trading’ and ‘Allow DLL import’:
2. Close the MT5 platform.
3. Install MT5 expert files by pressing the respective button in the MT5 connector in ATAS. The process of the connector creation is described below.
4. Add the OFT expert to any chart. To do it, open the ‘Experts’ tree in the Explorer, find OFT, mouse it over and press the right mouse button - then mouse over ‘Add to the chart’ and press the left mouse button or just drag the OFT to the chart.
When you add an expert in the settings, you should make sure that the AddPath parameter contains the correct path to the directory, in which ATAS is installed.
Make sure that ‘Allow automated trading’ is checked in the ‘Common’ tab.
Don t change timeframe on chart in MT5 where expert is added or online data would stop coming into ATAS.
Expert should be updated after every update in the ATAS platform. It means that you should press the Install MT5 expert files button in the MT5 connector.
Select one of the options for setting up the MetaTrader 5 connection to the ATAS platform:
1. Click on theConnectionsbutton in the home tab of the main platform window.
2. Click on the connection indicator in the main window of the platform.
Next, the connection window opens:
To add a new connection, click the Add button.
Next, a window opens with a list of available accounts and quotates providers:
In this window, select MT5 and then click Next.
Next, the windows for signing the agreement will open:
OCO (one cancels other) orders for the Transaq connection are locally emulated on your computer. This means that the platform must be connected to your broker for OCO orders to function properly. If you are disconnected and an OCO order is filled, the other orders of the same group WILL NOT BE CANCELED!
If everything suits you, click I Accept, Please continue / I accept, please continue.
1) Select your broker under Connection type.
2) MT5 address - address and port of connection to MT5. You do not need to change anything to run the platforms on one PC.
* After setting up, the connection will appear as a separate line in the connection window:
1. Type - type of connection.
2. Name / Name - the name of the account.
3. State / Connection Status. After adding a new connection, its default status is Disconnected. To connect, click the Connect button.
4. Is market data / Quotation provider - option to select a quotation provider.
5. Auto connect - check the box if you want the connection to happen automatically when the platform starts.
6. Connection settings button.
7.. Button to delete the connection.
8. Connect - button to enable the connection.
9. Button to add a new connection.
10. Button to close the connection window.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article